Saturday, April 18, 2015

Cucumber Apple Salad


Janet has wonderful recipes............

This recipe is one I created a few years ago to munch on when I would go to chemo treatments. They would serve us sandwiches, yogurt and snacks, but I always packed up a bunch of things to eat, I mean I was sitting there for 6 hours, what's a girl to do but eat?  It was the best thing I did for myself...I didn't pack all junk food (dark chocolate), but I did pack what I knew would help me keep getting through treatments.  I always had this with me because it is just that good and I love the crunch and the sweetness it has.  When I put this in the fridge this morning, I kept opening the door and getting a fork full to eat.  My husband finally took the fork from me because he said there would be none left if I kept that up.  I think he was afraid I was going to eat his share.

Cucumber Apple Salad

1/8 C. rice wine vinegar
1 T. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. dill weed
pinch of red pepper flakes
1 med. apple (it does not matter what kind)
1/2 English cucumber (they are about a foot long, so I just cut it in half)

Cut the apple and cucumber into matchstick size bites and place in a bowl.  Whisk together the vinegar, sugar, salt, dill and red pepper flakes.  Pour over the apples and cucumbers and toss to coat well.  Cover and place in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.

REMEMBER!! WATCH YOUR PORTIONS! I have found that many do best when they control their portions rather than deny themselves food!

☆---> Thanks for sharing my posts! <---☆

┊ ┊ ┊ ☆ Follow me ---> https://www.facebook.com/Mares.Place
┊ ┊ ★Lose Fat Now! --->http://mare51.sbc90daychallenge.com/
★Fire Your Boss! --> http://mare51.discoversbc.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment