Monday, December 1, 2014

DIY Cleaning Liquid!



Woohoo!!! I bet we all need this one after all the Goodies we cooked for Thanksgiving!!

I tried something else just to see how it would work and I continue to be amazed with this cleaning solution! I have a self-cleaning oven (which I am SO thankful for), but I always remove the racks before cleaning. Well, yesterday I sprayed this wonderful solution over the racks and also inside the oven. I forgot to wipe it out after a few hours and it stayed on overnight! So I wiped it out this morning and you see the results. I had never really cleaned the racks and that baked on grease and food just flaked off! I think one of the secrets is to leave the mixture on the surface for awhile. Leonard Griffin made a comment this morning about how our shower shines! I love it! In case you missed it, here is the mixture again...

Into a spray bottle mix:
2 oz. Dawn Dishwashing liquid
4 oz. Lemon Juice
8 oz. White Vinegar
10 oz. Water
Now make your house sparkle!
*Please test it first before using on delicate surfaces. This is powerful stuff! If your shower has a bad build-up of soap scum and crud it may take a time or two to get that shine.

Be sure to save to your timeline so it will store in your
timeline photo albums to find later

                               ೋღ ღೋ
        LIKE SHARE COMMENT FOLLOW FRIEND ME
                               ೋღ ღೋ
https://www.facebook.com/Mares.Place

Join my free weight loss support group at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/skinnyupwithmare/

TRY ALL NATURAL SKINNY FIBER
http://mare51.eatlessfeelfull.com/

Join my team, make money, lose weight and stay at home while you work!
http://www.skinnybodycare.com/myURL#movie

#weightloss #healthy #skinny #skinnyfiber #exercise #healthy #recipes #motivation #inspiration #DIY #crafts #workfromhome #doglovers #stayathomemoms

14 comments:

  1. Your suggested ingredients are all trusted, especially lemon juice and vinegar. Lemon is one of the best natural cleaners due to its low PH and antibacterial properties without side effects, add to that the fact that it smells great. Anyway, thanks for that recipe, Maggie Mae! It's well appreciated. All the best to you!

    Bob Wolfe @ The Maids Triad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bob.....you comments are greatly appreciated!!

      Delete
    2. About your problems with the oven doors... snap off the gasget and wash.it snaps back on .unscrew the door and you can get between the panes to clean inside.easy.leave the racks in the oven it won't hurt them.another tip.I put my cast on pans in while I'm cleaning.it takes off all the accumulated crud then I have to season them again.

      Delete
    3. About your problems with the oven doors... snap off the gasget and wash.it snaps back on .unscrew the door and you can get between the panes to clean inside.easy.leave the racks in the oven it won't hurt them.another tip.I put my cast on pans in while I'm cleaning.it takes off all the accumulated crud then I have to season them again.

      Delete
  2. I'm planning on trying this VERY soon. I have to try & finish a quilt I'm making first! ;) By the way, I've always loved the name Maggie, it's so sweet sounding. Thanks Maggie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kathy. Actually, I often use my female dog's names on the internet and Maggie is one. She was our beloved Shih Tzu that we had to say goodbye to just this past Monday. We are heartbroken and miss her terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this tip!! I have a self cleaning oven also and wasn't sure what cleaners, if any, I could use on it without messing up the finish. You're right about those racks. They are hard to clean. Also the window in the door of my oven is hard to get clean. When I use my oven's self cleaning option the window covers itself up so it doesn't get clean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you make 5 times this recipe it is 120 ounces which fits into a gallon jug for storage. Doesn't take any more time that one batch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you use bottled lemon juice?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete